We have a guest host today, and he has a great (2-part) story about finding the right work, making the invisible visible, and helping humans find new results from their systems.
Why is that important for business?
Our guest host Joe helped us explore a lot of topics in this 2-part conversation, including:
- Finding what you are skilled at doing, even if no one supports you
- Sometimes we need “not that” people in our life, so we can discover what we want by having to fight for it.
- That you don’t have to march in straight line with 1000 other people; you can actually stop people from doing what everyone else is doing, but for a living!
- When you want to fix a problem, it’s helpful to be clear on what you are doing now before you change it.
- Look for the fear or the unmet need. When someone is tightly controlling something, there is a reason.
- You can’t ignore a problem just because the proffered solution doesn’t work.
- Forget about the recipes you know and the things we are good at that you want to automatically apply. If you’ve been doing something the same way and getting the same unwanted result, you have to stop doing what you are doing.
- Ask what you need out of a meeting, instead of having one because you think you need a meeting.
- Obstacles that get in the way of good end result are very rarely peoples’ abilities, skills and experience. It is the stuff in the periphery that creates the obstacles.
What story do you want to tell?
So, that’s our story… now, we want to hear yours!
Pull up a chair and join the conversation in our Facebook Group: bit.ly/shmsgroup
Shoot us an email: email@example.com
Connect with @SHMSpodcast on Twitter: https://twitter.com/shmspodcast
Text the word STORY to 345345 to get access to bonus content and weekly episode delivery.
Want to support us?
Love this podcast?
Please tell your friends, post about us, or take a moment to review us & subscribe on iTunes, Stitcher, or wherever you listen to the podcast!